02 July 2007

Quietly productiveish

I got in on time to work today, somehow. I was still feeling groggy from not getting to sleep till around 10:00 PM, so I slept in till 6:45 (we leave at 7:00). But, as soon as I did get to work, there was a bit of a backlog of stuff to catch up on, in addition to new stuff coming in throughout the day.

This is why it's so important to be nice to people, no matter how rarely you see those people. One of the office ladies mentioned that she'd like to start up with a coffee service. They come in, deliver the coffee and sugar and filters and everything else, install the fancy coffee maker, and replenish every week. My department has that service, but there's no sense in getting me such a thing, because I'm the only one here that drinks the stuff, and even I only have it on occasion. This is why having the coffee service here would be a Very Good Thing.

I got back to my desk, made two phone calls, and had all the information within two minutes flat. I went back to the office lady, and passed it along. Hopefully, in a week or two, we'll be having decent coffee, rather than the stuff made in not-so-great individual pots. Those nice ones are fully insulated, so you're not burning the coffee with the heat from the warming plate. Also, those makers have three pots, meaning that we can have a LOT of the stuff waiting about, rather than empty out the pots so many times a day.

And all this because I know how to be nice to people, so that they'll return the niceness when I need them.

No comments:

Post a Comment