04 May 2009

And again, with the going back to the freezing.

So here I am, waking up on yet ANOTHER freezing May morning. Dude, what's going on? In Florida, we'd have nice, toasty sunshine by this point. Here, it's still grey and windy and miserable. I don't think I like this plan very much.

In other news, some nice lady from Pom sent me a bunch of the juice. It tastes pretty good, but so far I've only used the first bottle on cocktails. ::cough:: I can pretend it's healthy! I think I'll try and be more creative with the next bottle, and see if I can't come up with something interesting. I'll let you lot know how it comes out.

Emily, Mike, and Steve all helped make lunch on Saturday go really well. It was a whole lot of fun, because we got to sit and chat, and eat. And eat. And eat. We made roasted cabbage, daikon/carrot/ginger/miso that was baked in the oven, roasted swiss chard, and rice. Then, we had little mini pizzas on pita bread after everyone was done. Oh, also green beans, south indian style. There's a recipe in the book, I think.

Now, after that much food and chatting, the conversation always picks up, because everyone is full and happy and the rest, right? FINALLY, after all these years of having said fun conversations, I brought in a microphone so that we could record some of it. And as usual, topics ranged from food, to food politics, to animal rights, to stupid omni questions, to joking and being silly. I did try to get everyone to speak up a bit when they were waning, but it is what it is. I uploaded it as a new podcast episode, so I hope you lot give it a listen.

Aside from that, my mother currently has no phone or internet for a few more days, while the respective companies get off their behinds and set things up. Mind, my sister and brother in law have mobile phones, but those are prepaid. My father has one from his work at the temple, but that's a work phone. Either way, I won't be able to catch up with amma for a while, so I'm just kind of saving up all the experiences in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment