12 November 2007

Mooo!

Sorry about the scant updates, folks. Life has thrown a monkey wrench into the works, and I've been running around like a crazy person! I started here at Sacred Chow Sunday morning at 11, and I've already created a soup of the day, a protein of the day, and a vegetable of the day. I almost forgot the bounty of the grain of the day! They all came out wonderfully.

For the grain, I made a Zanzibar Pilao, which is a celebratory dish made with rice (I used brown rice instead of white), vegetables, and lots of rich, fragrant spices. The vegetable was a yucca and butternut squash that I did up with more yummy spices. For the protein (I know, I know, it's shocking, but I do know how to make tofu), I did a groundnut tofu. For the soup, I did a Moroccan lentil soup (the basic lentil soup from the book, with the addition of lots of tahini and lemon). All of it was mucho yummy, and we've all been sneaking bits of it when we get a few minutes of down time. In case you haven't noticed, I've been in a distinctly African mood today. I even wore a lovely maroon dashiki to suit my mood. :)

The owner is a sweetheart, and lets us who work here eat the food whenever we get hungry. The coolest part of all, however, is the fact that everyone likes everyone else. We enjoy the company of each other, and we can laugh and joke while getting the work done. And, besterest of all, the owner is letting me be me. :)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on such a perfect job - you deserve it!

    Found you through Vegan Freak Radio and have been lurking for a while; thought I would finally give my two cents. I'm very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Valerie! I'm glad you've been reading; it means that I'm not just sitting here talking to myself! :)

    Thanks, Mihl. No rush on getting the book. Do your thing.

    ReplyDelete