07 December 2007

Starstruck

World renowned cookbook author and chef Dreena Burton is quite a kitchen alchemist. She can spin gold from pretty much any dietary need, be it wheat free, gluten free, sugar free, soy free, or just free. She really knows her stuff, and I'd definitely suggest that you ask your local libraries to stock her books, so that everyone can share in her talent.

Guess what? She emailed me! I couldn't believe it when I saw it, but apparently, she tried my black eyed peas daal, and enjoyed it! I'm still trying to process it all, and get over my fanboy-ness, but there it is.

3 comments:

  1. OOOhhhh.... you're famous now. Well, you're famous in your own right, but now moreso because famous people are e-mailing you. Very, very cool!

    Well, know that your book is on my Amazon wishlist for Christmas and Dreena's isn't, (not that anyone ever actually READS my Amazon list, but I can hope.)

    Hope your holidays are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dreena has so many wonderful recipes on her blog. I like her food articles and recipes in VegNews.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No no, get Dreena's too, TofuMom. She's a very talented cook, and tries to get people to stick to easily found ingredients (although she does experiment from time to time too). Holidays are wonderful on this side! Best to your family!

    Kumudha: Definitely. Dreena has my respect as an author.

    ReplyDelete